Thursday 3 January 2013

Ubuntu reanimates netbook

I had an essentially dead Acer Aspire One D257 netbook. With Windows 7 Starter, which it arrived with out of the box (along with lots of bloatware) it had become unbearably slow. There were two options: dustbin, or reanimation with Linux. After a failed diversion with Joli OS (which is very pretty but the Wifi resolutely refused to work), I installed Ubuntu 12.10. This works very immediately, and has made the machine a pleasure to use. I also found the preview version of Spotify for Linux, which seems to work well too.

1 comment:

  1. Just love your article.I do invariably look over your web site for brand new articles.I am recently performing on associate app spotify stock
    thats going awing and special because of you

    ReplyDelete